Saturday, September 7, 2019

Paige Turns FOUR

RICHLAND, WASH. -- Paige has been "waiting a long time" to turn four! She says she feels bigger, older and taller. That's what a whole year will do to you! 

My make-believe, goofball, mischievous, princess loving, unicorn obsessed, baby girl is growing way too fast. We celebrated by going to get pedicures, having a friend over for a treasure hunt, and eating a Little Mermaid/Under the Sea cake. 










FOUR YEAR STATS: 

  • 36 lbs. (60%)  
  • 3'4.5" (68%) 

EATING: She's such a good eater. She'll pick an apple, peach or orange over a cookie any day. It's quite remarkable. 

SLEEPING: Wonders of worlds different than her previous year of life than when she woke up numerous times every night. She rarely wakes up in the middle of the night, though she's woken up much more frequently (maybe once or twice a week?) since Raegan was born.


WEARING: 4T. 


INTERESTING TIDBITS: She started preschool this school year and LOVES it. When we arrived on the first day we were pretty early, so I told her we had to wait for a few minutes. She was not happy about this news and very adamantly said, "But I want to go inside NOW and see my teachers!" She did not want to wait! She has four other little girls in her class who are in our ward, so that made it really easy for her to not be nervous.

The day before school started, I asked her if she was scared about anything for preschool and she quietly (and dramatically) said, "I'm scared no one will like me."  No idea where she came up with that idea. I wasn't aware four year olds had this worry in life. ha ha (she probably heard it on a show or something?). Oh sweet Paige.

She continues to be the biggest goofball and doesn't like to be serious for too long before cracking a joke, bugging somebody or acting funny.  

She still has an attachment to her gray blanket, affectionately (and simply) called her gray blankie.

She comes across as very shy but loves to play with her friends and go to friends' houses more than anything.

She and Marin are crazy competitive and know how to push each other's buttons like no other. They are also each other's best playmates and can entertain each other for hours playing dolls and make believe. Marin starting Kindergarten has been a little rough for this reason. Paige doesn't know what to do by herself some days. She likes to declare "I"m boooored!" But she's becoming good buddies with Britta and is incredibly good at including her when she plays. She also likes to do little chores for me when my hands are full with Raegan. I don't know what I'd do without my little Paigey Paige! 

No comments: