In other news, Marin took her first steps a few weeks ago. I wouldn't say she's outright walking. But she takes 2 to 3 steps at a time before she falls over or decides to sit down. She's making progress.
The past few weeks have been busy ones. Over Labor Day weekend, Isaac's parents came up from Portland. We had a blast hanging out with them and taking them out on the Columbia River on the boat. It was a hot, breezy day and Marin even fell asleep in Grandma Reeve's arms. It was very cute. Marin and I also went on a week trip last week to help watch my sister's kids while their parents were away. Marin loved the cousin time and all the attention.
|Getting pulled around the kitchen by her cousin, James.|
When we came back we had this little 9 month photo shoot on our back porch. Isn't she the cutest? Oh, we love her so.
Nine Month Stats:
- 23 lbs.
- 30 inches tall
Eating: Nothing too new here. The girl loves to eat. Clearly.
Sleeping: After attempting to let her cry it out several nights in a row, Marin is finally sleeping (I guess?) through the night a bit better. She still wakes up every night at 2 am for some reason (I really wish she wouldn't do this), but now she just lets out a little cry for a minute, instead of wailing, and then goes back to sleep on her own. Hallelujah.
Wearing: Wearing 9 and 12 month clothes. Seriously kid, please stop growing so much.
Tricks and New Skills:
- Biting. Urgh. Is this considered a "skill"? She likes to bite things lately. Including me.
- Marin is a friendly kid. She likes to wave at everyone and everything. Including animals. I'll randomly look up from doing something and she'll be waving at me.
- The aforementioned taking steps.... cruising. She likes to stand up wherever she is and attempt to walk. She grabs hold of anything near her and cruises all around.
- She started to "dance" I guess we'll call it. When she hears music and I start moving around to show her how to dance, she'll often imitate. It's pretty hilarious.
- Her new thing now is to open every cupboard and pull things out. Oh boy.