Sunday, December 21, 2008

White Christmas? No thanks.

All over the country there are reports of airport closures, record snow falls, even snow in places it doesn't usually snow. I was just checking out weather.com to see how cold it will be when I fly home to Salt Lake City in a few days, and I was not happy with the forecast.

Current SLC conditions: 25 degrees, but feels like 14. Snow showers are predicted for the next 6 days of the week.

DC's current weather: 32 but feels like 21. No snow forecasted.

Let it be known that I hate snow. Which brings me to my next thought...

Tallahassee, Florida: On Christmas it will be a sunny 79 degrees. No snow. Ever.

Last Christmas my family flew to the Gulf Coast to spend Christmas with me in Florida. We rented a cute, little beach house on the Gulf, and enjoyed white sandy beaches, dolphins splashing in the waves, alligator boat tours, and building sand castles. While the rest of the country got blasted with snow, we were enjoying peaceful, sunny blue skies, completely snow free.

This year, it is a different story. We are back to the traditional Christmas of going home for the holidays. I fly home on Wednesday, where there will be LOTS of snow blanketing the ground. Perhaps there will be a Christmas miracle, all the snow will melt, and I can once again enjoy a sunny Christmas. I can at least hope, right?

So, in honor of a once warmer time, just a year ago, here is a fun video summarizing our Christmas in paradise...

Merry Christmas!

9 comments:

Tiffanie said...

Thanks for making me homesick for the good ole FL again! j/k. I can't wait to see you!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited! I feel like a kid. I hope all goes well with the flight. I'll call you later today.

Erin S said...

Seriously, when we got to Rexburg, the car said 0. 0 degrees. BRRR!! And it hasn't stopped snowing since we got here! Luckily we made it out of Portland before the big storm hit!!! Give me a call sometime at my moms house when you get to SLC.

Joshua and Joy said...

Enjoy it...ha ha ha. I really don't like the snow. Ever once in awhile it's alright, but only if I don't have to go anywhere.

Xoxo Grandma said...

Next year we should go somewhere warm again...thank you for the memories of the best warm Christmas together.

guerry girls said...

that look like you all had such a great time!

Rob said...

I agree, we should go somewhere warm. Especially since we will be in Sweden!

Clayton and Camea said...

I like the snow. But after a while it does get a little old. I hope you have a Merry Christmas at home and a warmer one next year ;)

Angela said...

I didn't know you were going to be in Utah, Are you still here?

Rachel said...

Too bad you're not from Texas! I have never had a White Christmas in my life--I think it was around 80 this year.