Monday, December 14, 2009

Whew...

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Thank goodness my roommates and I were not home late Friday night when the furnace blew a fuse* and decided to leak CO (Carbon Monoxide) throughout our entire four story house... when on any other Friday night someone would have likely been home, and likely sound asleep.

Thank goodness for good neighbors who alerted us of eerily colored smoke plummeting from our basement.

Thanks goodness emergency responders really do come in an instant when someone dials 911.
And thank goodness for good friends, who you can laugh about all this with later.**

*This is not correct terminology. In actuality, the furnace went awry in some other manner.
**And while it's happening.

6 comments:

Chelita said...

oh my goodness andrea! I too am so glad that you were not home! I can't believe that! I am glad that you thought to get your camera because those are some good shots!

So is it safe now? Thats the question!

Rachel said...

that is nuts!!! So lucky that your neighbors noticed/said something!

Brittany said...

It was leaking C02? That's Carbon Dioxide--what we breath out. You mean CO? Carbon Monoxide? I'm really glad you were able to come to Richmond that night!

Joy Candrian said...

So glad my daughters weren't home asleep! So glad your were protected from above.

Erin S said...

Yikes, that is crazy. Good thing you have neighbors!

Tiffanie and Alvaro Z said...

Oh my goodness woman! I'm so glad you're okay!