Friday, November 2, 2012

Thank You A Million Times

SEATTLE - I've always had this unexplainable fear that if I threw a party, no one would come. So, to avoid that, I simply never threw parties. Problem solved. This fear, however, extends beyond me hosting a party. It goes as far as someone throwing a party for me. If anyone ever offered to throw me a birthday party, I'd vehemently decline. So, growing up, I always though that there'd be no way on the planet I'd ever want a party as elaborate as a wedding reception. What if no one came?! The thought terrified me.

On October 20, 2012, I will be forever grateful that I allowed my mother to talk me into having a wedding reception. Or a wedding anything. So many people came to celebrate, literally from all over the world. I have never felt so loved in all my life. I will never forget the beauty of that day. Not ever.

Oh, I love this man!
Not only was the wedding ceremony one of the sweetest I've heard (yes, I actually listened), I don't think I have ever been more touched in all my life. I remember walking into the sealing room holding Isaac's hand, looking around and seeing so many people that meant so much to me, sitting right there in that lovely room in the Draper Temple. I felt overwhelmed with love. They were all there for us. In fact, the whole day felt like a life reunion, if there ever was such a thing. Close family, extended family, friends from all over the country, old college roommates I hadn't seen in years, and people I hadn't even dreamed would travel great distances came just to support us on our special day. I was touched.
Some of the Bennett crew
In addition to our loved ones making the day so special, the weather played a large role too. It couldn't have been better. Days prior to the wedding, it was cold and rainy. And three days later, it snowed. But on October 20, the sky was sunny and the temperatures topped the mid 70's. The autumn leaves glowed in vibrant shades of red, orange and yellow, and the crisp leaves slowly fluttered to the ground throughout the day, leaving the autumn ambience at our outdoor wedding lunch and reception picture perfect. I felt like I was in a fairy tale all day. Our surroundings seemed to be illustrated by the heavens themselves. Cheesy, I know, but that's really how I felt! 

Gorgeous scenery, eh?
Isaac and I drove away from the reception that evening, feeling like the most loved people on the planet. Our only regret was we didn't get near enough time to talk to any one. We'd enthusiastically greet friends who we longed to catch up with, only to get whisked away 30 seconds later to a new crowd of people, repeated throughout the entire day. My heart was filled with love, but ached simultaneously for not being allowed to give our friends and family the attention we wanted to give them.
Isn't that cake amazing? My talented cousin made it.
So, if you didn't hear me say it enough that day, THANK YOU again to all those who helped us feel like the most loved, lucky, special people on earth. Thank you really seems so inadequate.  Thank you for coming, whether you drove two minutes to be there, or traveled two days to make it happen. We will be forever grateful for your support in starting our lives together.

It seems so cliche to say that my wedding day was the best day of my life, but quite honestly it was the most fun, happy, amazing, touching, wonderful, sweet, BEST day ever. I get the chills just thinking about it. And I feel so lucky to be married to Isaac. He amazes me.

Though I don't think I'll be wanting another party any time soon (I mean, come on, how do you top that?), I would be up for another life reunion any time. Anyone?

8 comments:

Amy Lovell said...

I second that that day was pretty much amazing. I loved every minute of it.

Brittany said...

It was perfect. But I don't want a life reunion anytime soon because besides weddings, those only happen at funerals!

Abby said...

Your cousin did our cake too. She did a really beautiful job.

Xoxo Grandma said...

I got a little choked-up as I read this to your Dad.

Lauren Kay said...

You looked so gorgeous at your wedding. I am also afraid no one will come to a party I throw. (I'm also afraid no one will want to make the trek to Oregon for my wedding whenever that is.) Congratulations again! You deserve such a wonderful husband and life.

Rachel said...

You were the most gorgeous bride I have ever seen. So glad I got to be there to celebrate!

Jared and Paige said...

Andrea, I loved reading this and seeing the beautiful pictures of beautiful you and handsome Isaac. I can't wait to see you--we need to arrange it for sometime soon. And please know that I would have been to your wedding for sure if I had not been so close to having my baby. ;)

Lindsey said...

Love this!!! I'm so glad it went so wonderfully.