I am thankful for so many things, but just to name a few...
- My health. I got the "mother of all colds" a few weeks ago and actually missed a few days of work because it was so bad. However, despite all that it was only my 2nd and 3rd "sick days" I've used all year. (Trust me, I would have much rather been at work). So, generally, you could say I've had a pretty "healthy" year. Knock on wood.
- My family. I am sitting in Brittany's living room as I type this. I am the only one here. Kind of weird... I know. Amy and I spent the entire Thanksgiving weekend down here (or over here... up here... whatever direction you're reading this from) in Richmond. It's been a lot of fun sister-bonding time. Brittany and Brian just left for the hospital a few hours ago. No, Britt is not in labor yet (I know, what is taking this little guy so long)! Britt's due date came and went on Friday... so she is going to be induced tomorrow morning! I will most certainly keep you all posted. I'm acting as Brian's backup, so I'll be here until the little guy arrives (name still not determined). Stay tuned.
- Good Friends. You know who you are.
- BYU Football. Thanks for beating the U last night! (I can't wait to rub it in at work this week). You made my whole football season!
- And last but not least... Missionaries. Today, Amy and I decided we'd hit up a 9 a.m. ward... it was a few minutes away... but worth it to see one of our favorite missionaries! Elder Jeppesen... you're doing great! (I know, I know, it's probably not legit to just "drop in" to see missionaries that you know (even if he is your cousin, and even if he is serving in your area), but we just felt like we should, and were so glad we did!) I feel like he is one of my little brothers, I just love the kid... (who is clearly not a kid anymore... and taller than me!) His twin brother is serving in Ghana. Amy is trying to conjure up a way to just "drop by" to see him too. My guess... she'll figure out a way.
I hope everyone had a happy, healthy, and peaceful Thanksgiving. If you're reading this, it's likely that I am thankful for you in my life... even in just a small, simple way.