Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Paige, Eight Months Old: Waving, Talking, Cruising

RICHLAND, WASH. -- I feel like Paige has grown leaps and bounds this past month. The girl is waving, pulling herself up on everything, climbing stairs, and cruising like a pro. She's also starting to "talk" a lot more. Not long ago, I was worried that she wasn't making many consonant sounds. But, not to worry, the girl started rattling them off in the past week or so and hasn't stopped. A few times she has even said, "Mmmm" and the mom part of me wants to think she is saying, "mom." So, I'm going to keep thinking that.




See those cute little teeth? Her top ones should pop out any day now.


The girl doesn't sit still for a minute. I'll often find her in the front entryway, where she has pulled herself up to see out the windows, which sit just at her level. She stands there for a while, bouncing up and down and chatting incessantly. 


EIGHT MONTH STATS:
  • Hasn't been weighed or measured this month

EATING: She still eats best when she can feed herself.  

SLEEPING: Naps twice a day, Once in the mornings and again around 1ish. She's in bed around 7. She often wakes up around midnight or 2 a.m. No idea why. And then again around 6:30. Sometimes earlier and will go back to sleep for about an hour if I feed her. 



WEARING: 9 months and 12 month clothes

INTERESTING TIDBITS: She loves to be held and sitting in my lap. If I'm anywhere within reach, she will crawl to me and pull herself up on my legs to be held. If I'm sitting down on the ground, she will crawl over from wherever she is and climb in my lap. 

-She is climbing our stairs now too! AH! I know we should get a baby gate... but we haven't yet. They're just so trashy looking. She's made her way up 5 or 6 stairs so far. It's quite the work out for that little girl! Thankfully we usually see her making her way to the stairs so we can watch her better. But she is a sneaky one and I've found her there a time or two while I've been making dinner. She's just so fascinated... 

-Since she naps at 1, our church from 11 to 2 is rough toward the end. Thankfully, Isaac is the only one who can get her to fall asleep in his arms still. So, during the third hour of church, he will take her and magically get her to fall asleep in his arms. He has been known to slowly wander past the Relief Society room just so I can see his special talent in action. 

-Her hair, though still wispy and thin, is starting to grow back now. It's coming in a lighter, blonde color. 
The weather has been warming up, so we love being outside!

-She and Marin are cute together. Marin is often too rough with her (I don't think she is aware of her own strength) and sometimes Paige ends up pushed over, with arms strangling her neck, pinned down and in tears. Here's a little peak into their shenanigans... 

1 comment:

Rob said...

from Lorena: That video is so so so cute! Of course you would have such darling girls. Also, totally unrelated to your post, I LOVE that rug you have in the entry room.