Monday, May 21, 2018

BRITTA: Four Months Old

RICHLAND, WASH. -- Britta has found her voice this past month. She also went on her first airplane ride AND started rolling over. It was a big, big deal month. 

We headed to Texas for a few days at the end of March to visit Isaac's brother and his family and for Isaac to attend a work conference in Austin. Isaac got to learn and the cousins got to play. It was perfect. While we were there, Isaac and I snuck away with Britta to the LBJ Presidential Library. Isaac and I both went through the exhibits at our own pace. At one point, Isaac was pushing Britta around in her stroller while I meandered through, lagging behind. Britta was so loud, screeching and chatting, and just belting it out the whole time. I only had to follow the sound of her voice to find them. People would walk by her, smile and chuckle to themselves. 


Perhaps the biggest news in her four-five months of life is that she started rolling over. I was at a church meeting one night when Isaac texted me, "Britta just rolled over! I'm guessing you knew she could do this and didn't tell me!"  But, I DIDN'T know she could do it, and she started doing it endlessly over the next few days. When I witnessed it for myself for the first time, I was so overjoyed I picked her up and sobbed... shedding so many tears of joy. When your little baby is so weak everywhere, and you have no idea what she'll be able to do, witnessing milestones is quite miraculous. Really miraculous. 



Marin likes to show her what she learned in ballet class 
Britta's first airplane ride. 

Matchy pajamas with cousins in Texas!

Visiting the LBJ Presidential Library.







Four Month Old Stats:

  • XX lbs. (93rd percentile)
  • XX tall (99th percentile) 
  • XX" HC (99th percentile)
Sleeping: Still sleeps better than Paige. I often have to go wake her up in the mornings so we can get on with our day and get out of the house to take Marin to preschool, go to the gym, or whatever other random errands we have to run in the mornings.  

Wearing: 3-6 months, 6 month clothes 


Things I Don't Want to Forget/Interesting tidbits: 

  • She was so good on her flight to Austin, Texas and on the return flight home. 
  • It was fun seeing her cousins (and aunt) love her so much.

No comments: