Thursday, June 7, 2018

Marin: Four Years Old

RICHLAND, WASH. -- Okay, okay, so Marin actually turned four SIX months ago. December was a busy month (you know, giving birth to a new baby and all) and I never got around to posting Marin's stats or anything cute about her. So, I'm a bit behind, but better late than never, right? Man, I sure love this girly girl. 


FOUR YEAR STATS (technically 4 1/2 years): 
  • 42 lbs. (84%)  
  • 3 feet 7 inches tall (90%) 
EATING: Still picky. But she is trying to make an effort to eat "healthier" and often chooses water as her healthy portion of her meal. ha  For instance, when I ask her what she wants for lunch she'll say, "I want a grilled cheese sandwich, chocolate milk, string cheese, and water. Is that healthy?"  

SLEEPING: In bed usually by 7:30 and gets up around 7, sometimes later. Long gone are the days of naps.  

WEARING: 5T. She's tall. 

INTERESTING TIDBITS:  


  • She started a preschool group in the Fall with all the kids her age from church. We took turns "teaching" the kids at our homes. It was more like a glorified babysitting job some days, but she LOVED it. Actually, loved was an understatement. 
  • She has been taking a pre-ballet class (includes ballet and tap) since September and it's her favorite thing. She loves to perform and was so excited to perform on the big outdoor stage for her recital last week. She wasn't even nervous one bit. 
  • Every night when we put her to bed, she asks what we are going to be doing the next day. She likes a very detailed plan, and if I only list one or two items, she'll ask, "Then what?" Knowing there is a lot more day to fill than just what I've outlined. I'm not much of a planner, so this has been fun. :)
  • Marin has really thrived in her role as a big sister. She likes to help Paige and Britta with whatever they need help with and generally she and Paige play well together. They could play make believe with their dolls and toys ALL day long if I let them.
  • Isaac has been doing reading lessons with her in the evenings. My favorite moment yet from them (early on in the process) went like this... Isaac: "Marin, sound it out. What does C-A-T say?" Marin: "C-aaaaa-T." Isaac: "I'll give you a hint, it's an animal." Marin: "Elephant!"  She's made a bit more progress since then but I wouldn't call her a "reader" quite yet. 
  • She thrives on playing with other kids and structure. She loves being around kids and having things scheduled. 
  • Her Sunbeam teacher at church told me a few months ago that Marin was the brightest in her class and he couldn't believe all the answers she knew and logical reasoning she could give for activities they did in class. He ended the conversation by saying, "She really is something special." It made me feel good to hear that. You never know how your own children are behaving and presenting themselves when we aren't around. 











1 comment:

ellen said...

Marin should hang out with me. I try to do something every day/night. :)